How To Install Selenium
I think this is usefull for yoh
This quickstart shows you how to start writing selenium tests with selenium and the selenium recorder (aka selenium-ide).
- You need to have the Firefox Browser version 1.5 or higher
- Proceed to http://www.openqa.org/selenium-ide/ and click on the link (Firefox Extension) to install the Selenium IDE firefox extension
- Restart firefox
- Click Tools -> Selenium IDE
- The selenium ide window will open
- It will start recording your actions in the browser.
- You can go ahead and go to a url and click on the links to see how the recorder records your actions.
- To disable recording while the recorder window is open, click the “red” button.
- Selenium verifies that a test or action is successful by checking the title or text in a webpage
- You can verify the title of the current page by right clicking on the webpage you are currently in and click Append Selenium -> verifyTitle
- You can verify the presence of text in a page by highlighting some text and then right click -> Append Selenium Command -> verifyTextPresent
Selenium IDE allows you to create, save, load and run tests right from firefox without having to install Selenium on the server.
To instal selenium on the server :
1. Download selenium from http://www.openqa.org/selenium-core/download.action
2. Choose to download the “Full Release”
3. After downloading, decompress the file.
4. You will see a folder selenium-x.x where “x.x” is the version of selenium you downloaded.
5. Go inside this folder and look for the “selenium” folder.
6. Copy this “selenium” folder to the openacsroot/www/ directory
7. Launch a browser and go to http://your_openacs_instance/selenium